At the heart of a good business strategy when doing business in another country is communication competence. Communication is more than just language. It includes an understanding and appreciation of cultural differences and social norms, and involves culture-sensitive business etiquette.
Internationalisation is a pillar of Singapore’s economy, and Malaysia is a natural and convenient destination for Singapore businesses whose people travel there on business or to manage a business. The objective of this course is to raise awareness of the language and socio-cultural context of doing business in a Malay-speaking region.
At the end of the course, you should be able to
- Appraise the local business context
- Demonstrate insights into the business culture and social norms
- Describe the do’s and don’t’s in interactions at the workplace
- Conduct negotiations taking into consideration cultural sensitivities
You do not need Malay language skills to attend this course.
$1700 including assessment fee (before GST)
Subsidy of up to 90% is available.
|SMEs/ ETSS1 / MCES2
* The above fees quoted are inclusive of GST
1 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
2 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
3 Workforce Training Support
- Thursday evenings (7pm to 10pm) and Saturdays morning (9am to 12noon)
- 10 sessions, once a week
- A 2.5 hr assessment on the following Friday evening after the last session
- Class Schedule: 15 Sep, 22 Sep, 29 Sep, 6 Oct, 13 Oct, 20 Oct, 27 Oct, 3 Nov, 10 Nov and 17 Nov 2018
- Assessment Date: 23 Nov 2018 (7pm to 10pm)
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, MNCs, Business owners, Managers